5 Most Popular Horse Breeds
The breeds of horses listed below are the most popular ones in the world. Here, check them out!
- Arabian: This is perhaps the oldest and the favorite of breeds that the world has known. Hailing from the Arabian Peninsula, this particular breed is known for its endurance and spirit. The breed can be easily identified because of the distinctive shape of the head and proud tail carriage. Arabian horses are used in a number of disciplines which includes even dressage and saddle seat.
- Quarter Horse: This American breed is quite popular in the United States and is mainly known for its unbelievable running speed over short distances. They are popular for both completion and trail. This breed is often used for pleasure riding and in competitions such as barrel racing and roping and cutting. Apart from that, they can also make good racehorses and hunt seat mounts.
- Thoroughbred: This breed from England is best known for its high spirit and heart. Thoroughbred horses make great sports horses and are mostly used as polo and fox hunting, mounts for dressage and as hunters and jumpers.
- Tennessee walker: This is a gaited breed which was developed in the 18th century the Southern United States. The breed is particularly known for its smooth gaits which make it an ideal horse for riding long distances. And therefore, it was the first choice of several Civil War generals. Today, Tennessee Walker is mostly used as show horses and pleasure mounts.
- Morgan: Morgan horse is the oldest breed of horses which hails from the United States and is best known for its versatility. The breed has a small stature and is mostly used for riding and saddle seat disciplines. It is also considered to be the state animal of Vermont.
As already mentioned earlier, the list of horse breeds is a never ending one. But, among all the breeds that exist these 5 are the most common and popular ones. Now, that you know about few of the breeds you can learn about the rest of them from the internet.